Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
The first step for using the Importer App in a pipe is enabling it. To do so, click on the tools icon in the upper right corner of the pipe dashboard, then select the 'Apps' option and click on Importer.
After you click on the 'Enable' button, the Importer will be displayed in the upper left corner of the pipe.
After the app is enabled, click on the icon in the header to open it. Once you do, you'll see this pop-up window:
You'll have 2 options:
- This pipe: selecting this option you will import new cards to the pipe that you just enabled the Importer App;
- Connected Database Table: selection this option you will import new registers to any database that you have connected to this pipe. Note: you need to have the database created and connected before you begin your import process. To proceed with this option, select the database you want to update;
After choosing, the following screen is what you'll see:
Now you'll have 3 options:
- New import: Begin a new import from scratch, you'll need to match the fields in the pipe/database to the columns in the XLSX file before importing the data and creating the cards/registers;
- Saved imports: Import a new spreadsheet using a previously mapped import (once you do your first import, you can save it as a template to use it again if you'll need to do recurring imports to your pipe/database);
- History: View a history of all the previous imports in this pipe and connected databases.
To begin a new import from scratch, we can either drag and drop our XLSX file into the window or click on it to select the spreadsheet we want to import.
Important! Click here to learn more about any applicable format validations to specific field types before importing the data to prevent import errors.
After the spreadsheet is uploaded you'll see this next window where you'll match the data in your XLSX file's columns (left side) to the fields in your pipe or database.
You have the option of matching information to the fields in the start form and phases, in case you're uploading data to your pipe, or matching the form fields if you're uploading it to a database. You can also skip columns if you don't wish to import the data in them into any field.
Don't forget the format validation rules when matching your fields, email fields can only be filled with email addresses ([email protected]), phone fields with phone numbers (+1 657 765 7767) and so on.
After you're done matching the fields, click in the button in the upper right corner of the window (Import XX cards/registers).
The import will then be processed and, once it's done, you'll be notified via email.
Important: The cards/registers won't be displayed in your pipe/database immediately after the import, you'll need to refresh the page.
If you're done importing, you can close this window and wait for the confirmation email.
You also have the option of saving the import setup if you wish to use it again in the future (you'll only need to give it a name before saving) or viewing the history of your previous imports.
- You'll need to enable the Importer App on each pipe you'll want to import data into;
- When importing data to a Database, you'll need to create and connect the database to the Pipe before beginning to use the Importer App;
- Cards will not appear in the pipe/database during the import until you refresh the page;
- At the end of the import process, you'll be notified via email. If the App was not able to import all the cards/registers successfully, we'll send an email with an attached CSV that contains the row or rows that weren't imported and what was the cause.
- Pipefy can only process one import per pipe at a time so we'll block new imports if this pipe has an on-going import process running;
- When importing data to a Pipe, you can fill fields not just from the Start Form but also from your pipe's phases;
- Make sure you don't have any blank columns between the columns you select, otherwise the import will present an error;
- The Importer App can't upload due dates, assignees or labels unless you have a field of the specific type for that;
- Cards created via the Importer App will not trigger Webhooks that are listening for the "card.create" or "card.field_update" events for cards created through the import process, to avoid doing a DDoS to the service.
- Cards created via the Importer App will trigger Email templates configured for the first phase and trigger Automations set with "When a card is created" for cards created through the import process.