Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
Save time and reduce process deviation (caused by human mistakes) by disabling the option to move cards manually in your process.
What is this useful for?
Eliminating mistakes caused by moving cards to the incorrect phases, increasing your team's efficiency and improving the communication to avoid mistakes/process deviations.
Before you get started you'll need to:
- Edit the phase's action buttons to disable manually moving cards;
- Establish which will be your criteria for moving the cards. In your case we'll use a dropdown select with the available types of requests;
- Make sure the phase where cards will be moved from don't have any unfilled mandatory fields.
- Access the automation menu by clicking on the automation option in the sidebar (in the left side of the screen).
- Click on 'Add new automation';
- Our event will be 'When a card is created' in the Request Screening pipe.
- We'll add the condition that 'type of request' is equal to reimbursement request.
- Our action will be 'Move card' to the 'reimbursement' phase.
- Let's name and save the automation and from now on, every time a card is created in this pipe it'll be automatically moved to the correct phase.
- If we have several types of requests, we can create multiple automation rules, one for each type.
More ways to…
We can also use this automation rule to move cards based on a field being updated.
For example, if we have a dropdown select field where users select the status of the activity, when they select 'canceled', the card is automatically moved to canceled.