Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Create a connection between a pipe and a database to use updated records in forms and cards, and automatically fill in fields with information.
It's great for processes where teams need to use updated data at the same time, such as Sales CRM, IT equipment audit, employee databases, and more.
In this article, you will learn how to:
Before you begin, ensure there is an existing database, that contains a least one record. Otherwise, you can create a database from scratch.
How to connect pipes and databases
Open the pipe which you want to connect.
Then, click on Add connection, next to the pipe's name.
3. When opening the Connections panel, click on Add connection.
4. Then, select the database you want to connect.
5. Define the connection function:
To search cards
To create cards
Or both search and create cards
6. Then, choose the number of entries: single or multiple.
7. You can also select some advanced options here, according to your process needs. These can be:
Creating connected cards is a requirement before moving this card to the next phase.
Creating connected cards is a requirement for the parent card to be done.
All connected cards must be done before moving this card to the next phase.
All connected cards must be finished before the parent card can be done.
Autofill enables you to fill out fields automatically.
8. The last step is to give the connection a name and Save.
There you go! Your pipe and your database are connected.
From now on, you will find this connection inside every card of your pipe, in all phases, in a brand new button at the top left corner.
When clicking on this button, you will be able to search or create records in your table according to the previously chosen settings.
How to connect a database to a card
When setting this connection, your database records will appear only in a specific phase of a pipe.
Select the phase where you want to add a field with the database connection.
Click on the three dots button and then click on the Phase settings.
Scroll down, go to connection fields, and select database connection.
4. Create a field label, select which database you want to connect, the field function, the number of entries, and its advanced rules, if necessary.
As you finish, click on Save.
5. Now, every time you open a card in the phase with the connection field, you will find all the records of the connected database.
📌 Remember: when creating a connection between a pipe and a database you're automatically enabling access to the information in the connected pipe/database and all existing cards/records.
Learn how to make the most out of our platform with Pipefy University's free courses.
Join Pipefy's Community to ask questions, share ideas, give feedback about our product, and engage with other members.