⚠️ Attention: you're reading an old email messaging article before the feature's upgraded version. Currently, Pipefy offers a rich and visual email builder in which you can easily add dynamic fields and set up email automations for different types of events. Learn more.
Obs: you may still be viewing the old version of email templates. If so, don't worry, the feature is being updated gradually to all users. Soon, you will have access to the new version of email templates with all the new functions.
Estimated reading time: 2 min
What is an email template?
The templates can be used to send emails automatically (when a card enters/leaves a phase) or manually from inside the card.
You can build templates with dynamic content originated from the fields of your process (to add the customer's name to a welcome email, for example).
How can email templates be used?
Email templates present you with a world of possibilities to make your life easier, such as:
- Auto-sending a confirmation email when a customer opens a support ticket for example. You can use dynamic content to make your template customized by including the customer’s name and support ticket’s follow-up number;
- Updating a customer about how his or her request is doing by sending automated emails as the card moves from one phase to the other;
- Auto-sending instructions to a new employee. Each step of your hiring process that demands interaction can have one (or more) email templates;
- Automating sales outbound and follow-up emails;
- Standardizing your communication. Using email templates ensures all communication sent out has your company’s visual ID, tone and voice.
Email templates match the most various scenarios, and you can use it in your department to build a quicker and more effective rapport with your requesters.
Some examples of how you can use the Email Templates in your area:
By sending email messages, your team will be able to quickly communicate with customers and improve their satisfaction rates through automatized, intelligent email messaging.
Gather your customers' information from your pipes and use dynamic content to never miss a detail. Auto-send follow-up emails or support tickets updates when moving from one step of the process to another, and keep your clients informed whenever they need to.
Inform requesters whenever a task is done (from content creation to building strategic researches), keep them posted on your team's progress, as well as when a request is prioritized or paused.
Also, use email templates to send customized briefings to third parties or suppliers by using dynamic fields with information from your pipe, and gather the exact inputs you need to perform your deliveries.
Share invoices, receipts and audits with your team, suppliers or other parties. You can do so by using the email template's dynamic fields with information from your accounts payable or expense reimbursement pipes, for instance, using information such as values, attachments, and also the people involved in the specific request.
Automatically send feedback to candidates or employees, letting them know their progress on the recruitment process. Use the dynamic fields to customize your messages, attach documents (such as proposals and offers), and easily build a network of contacts to find the best talents.