Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
How easily view that a card has received new emails in the closed card view?
Some pipes use the email messaging feature to send and receive emails in individual cards as a way of structuring communication about the status of the item into the format of a card.
If your workflow relies on timely review of incoming emails to specific cards, your team may want a quick way of seeing which cards in your pipe view have received new emails. Here's how you can make that possible:
1. In the pipe you want to surface new email alerts for, create a checklist with a single option that is a short text string or emoji character you want for the email alert - for instance, copy this one: 📩.
2. Open the automation settings by clicking on the automation option in the sidebar on the left side of the screen, then create a new automation rule with the following event/action:
- Event: When an email is received - in pipe 'Helpdesk' - in phase 'Solving';
- Action: Update a field's value - select the created field, set fixed value and check the box with the email icon.
Name the automation and save it to turn it on.
Attention! A separate automation rule is needed for every phase in which you want to check for new emails and surface this alert icon.
3. Go to back to the pipe and access the pipe settings by clicking on the gear icon in the upper right corner of the screen. Add the checklist field as a subtitle of the card.
From there, users who review the email(s) received in the card can then uncheck the checkbox once they've reviewed all the new email traffic.
This will make the icon go away until the next time an email is received in that card. To manage this flow at scale, users can also quickly see the list of cards with new emails by pasting the emoji character into the pipe filter to see only those cards that have received new emails.