What is a card?
A card is a visual, detailed representation of an activity included on your pipe.
In order to illustrate how a card represents an activity in your processes, here are a few examples:
- In a sales pipeline, each card represents a new potential customer moving through all the phases of your sales process. From prospecting to closing the sale, all the information you gather throughout the process is stored within the card.
- In a purchase process, each card represents a request for an item to be purchased or a service to be hired.
Even though cards represent different things in different pipes, they're essentially pieces of information gathered to guide an activity.
Cards move laterally from left to right through the phases of your pipe. Your pipe will probably have a few phases for your cards to go through, therefore it’s normal to see different cards in different phases of your process simultaneously.
However, if you notice that your cards are piling up and accumulating at a certain phase, it seems you’ve found your process’ bottleneck!
Let's have a closer look at the anatomy of the open card!
This is an open card. As you can see, it's divided into two main sections the right side and the left side.
The first important thing you need to remember is that what you see on the left side is all the information you've added to this card on the previous phases. You've used the start form and phase's pre defined fields to add unique information to this card.
On the right side you'll see the fields you've added to this specific phase. These are the information you/your team must provide and/or actions you must perform before moving the card on to the next phase.
These are the elements we've highlighted on the image above:
- Title: This is the card's title. It's displayed in a prominent position on the card and it's always editable (even if the field you've chosen as your card's title isn't editable in other phases);
- Current phase: The 'Currently on' section informs the phase the card is currently in;
- More options: Click here to open the phase's settings or delete a card. Be careful, though! Once you delete a card, all the information you've added to its fields will be gone and can't be recovered;
- Due date: The due date field is one of the card's standard fields. It doesn't necessarily belong a specific phase. Once you click on it and set a due date for this card, the date will automatically be displayed in the closed card;
- Assignees: The assignee select is one of the card's standard fields. It doesn't necessarily belong to a specific phase. Once you click on it and set an assignee for this card, the person's profile picture will automatically be displayed on the card;
- Labels: The label select field is one of the card's standard fields. It doesn't necessarily belong to a specific phase. Once you click on it and set a label for this card it will automatically be displayed on the card;
- Attachments: This option can be used to upload attachments that are unique to this particular card. The documents you attach to a card remain attached to it throughout the entire process. If you wish an attachment to be directly related to a specific phase you should create an attachment field in this phase settings;
- Checklist: Create and edit unique checklists for this particular card (unlike the checklist field);
- Comments: Leave a comment and/or access all the comments previously made on this card. If you want to start a conversation with one of your team members, type @ followed by his/her username and he/she will be notified;
- Email: View all emails sent/received from this card;
- Fields: These are the fields you've added to this phase. Every card that enters this phase will see the exact same fields;
- Customize this phase: Add/edit fields to this phase. Adding/editing a field will apply to all cards that enter this phase - not just this particular card (this option is only available to users with admin permission);
- Quick comment: Write and publish a quick comment without having to access the comment's section;
- Activity log: The activity log shows everything that's happened to a card, from the person that created it to which information was edited, where it was moved, etc.;
- Move to: Move the card to another phase via action buttons. You can specify the phases where a card can go from editing in the buttons settings;
- Previous phases: You can easily access all the information previously added to this card on the previous phases. The green dot indicates the phase the card is currently at;
- Customize view: Edit the information you want to see in the left side of the card. Besides the previous phases' activities you can choose to view comments, checklists, attachments and emails.