Estimated reading time: 5 minutes
* Only customers in Pipefy's Enterprise plan can send emails through SMTP servers.
**Custom email settings are located inside the company's settings. Only Administrators are allowed to access it.
Pipefy takes care of sending all email messages through the platform, which means you don't need to toggle among different channels to communicate.
It is also possible to send emails through any other SMTP mail server.
By allowing companies to use their own mail provider, Pipefy enables them to use email addresses in their own domain to get better open rates and fully manage, monitor, and troubleshoot email deliveries.
Companies can add multiple email addresses to their company, each with its own SMTP settings.
NOTE: Pipefy is not able to receive emails through your custom email address yet. Any emails sent through the email messaging feature will be sent via a Pipefy email address in the "Reply to", so we can collect the response and add it to the card.
Emails sent manually, through Cards or Email Messaging feature, display the sender as a mail.pipefy.com address in the email client that received the message.
After customizing an email address and SMTP servers, you'll be able to change the From and Reply-to fields (as the example below):
Any replies will still be sent to the Pipefy card address, ensuring that the recipient recognizes your email while at the same time enabling Pipefy to collect the responses and add them to the card.
How to enable custom emails addresses
To allow Pipefy to send emails from your email address, we need to know which emails you want to set up and which are the SMTP server details for each one.
- Access your Account Preferences by clicking on your profile picture. Once inside, click on Email Settings.
2. Click on Custom Email.
3. Then, select Add new email to set up a custom address.
4. Then, add information related to the email address and where you want this address to be applied:
- Sender's name: inform what name you want to be displayed as the sender. If you don't inform any name, Pipefy uses the username and company as default.
- Email address: determine which email address(es) will be used to send the emails and display them as Sender.
5. Then, provide your SMTP server details.
If this is the first email that you are adding, it becomes the default SMTP server for the company. If needed, later on, you can specify a new SMTP server for each email address.
To enable using your own SMTP server, input the following SMTP server details:
To ensure that emails can be sent from Pipefy to your SMTP server, you must open the right ports and allow inbound connections from our IP addresses.
Please, ask our Support team via the in-app Chat or writing to [email protected] to get the list of our IPs to allow connections to your server.
Your SMTP server needs to match those requirements:
- It must support LOGIN authentication.
- It must support TLS 1.0 or higher.
6. Now that you have configured the email address and SMTP server, you can use this email inside Pipefy's email templates and email messaging!