Estimated reading time: 2 min
Attention! Permission levels/roles are only available for companies in the Business or Enterprise plans. Click here to learn more about the features available for each of Pipefy's plans.
Learn about pipe members and permissions
If you would like, watch a tutorial video!
Pipe permissions are not directly related to your company permissions. Each pipe’s permissions can be managed separately, allowing you to choose who will have access to each of your pipes and how much access they'll have within each of them.
If you’ve determined in a pipe's settings that it's public, anyone in your company will see it on the dashboard and be able to join it. Company members will join as pipe members, while company admins will automatically join as pipe admins.
If you make the pipe private, only the company admins or users that have been invited to access it will be able to join.
The ‘members’ page of each pipe provides an overview of the members in a pipe as well as the role (permission level) they have in that pipe. You can access that page by clicking on the members icon in the upper right corner of the pipe header.
Pipefy currently offers 5 different permission levels within a pipe:
- Read only: Users can view all cards and leave comments on them;
- Restricted view: Users can create new cards, but they're only allowed to view/edit cards that they created or that were assigned to them;
- Start form only: Users can only access the pipe's start form to create new cards. They can't view/edit any cards, even the ones they've created;
- Pipe member: Pipe members can create new cards as well as access all of the pipe’s existing cards to edit/move them across the pipe;
- Pipe admin: Pipe admin users can do everything within the pipe (create, edit and delete cards) as well as edit the pipe’s settings.