Avoid delays in deliveries by notifying the manager when a task becomes overdue.
What is this useful for?
You can use automations to create an automated escalation process. Whenever a task/card becomes overdue (goes past its due date), you can automatically bring it to the attention of the manager or another team to ensure it'll be taken care of.
Before you get started you'll need to:
- Create an assignee select field in the first phase of your pipe (you can add it to the start form if you wish, just make sure it's able to be edited in other phases);
- Make sure all your tasks have a due date - you can establish that by adding a mandatory due date field.
- Access the automation page by clicking on the automation option in your company dashboard;
- Click on 'Add new automation';
- Our event will be 'when an alert is triggered' - in pipe 'team task management', type of alert is 'overdue alert'.
- Our action will be 'update a field's value', choose the assignee select field and indicate who these overdue tasks will be assigned to.
- Name and save the automation and from now on, every time a card becomes overdue in the task management pipe, it'll automatically be assigned to Chewbacca.
More ways to…
Instead of automatically assigning the overdue task to a team manager, you can decide to select another action to move overdue cards to a specific phase (just make sure the card doesn't have any mandatory fields unfilled, otherwise the automation won't be able to move it). Click here to learn how.