Estimated reading time: 4 minutes
Fixed base actions
Each card has a set of buttons in the upper right corner of the card that can be divided into fixed fields (due date, assignee, attachments and labels) and card-level features (checklist, comments, pipe/database connections, email messaging, email templates and PDF Generator).
To learn more about what these buttons are and how to enable/disable them, click here.
Types of fields
When adding a new field to a form/phase, you'll see a menu with all the available field types. They're divided into standard fields and advanced fields.
- Short text: Use this field type for when asking for information that can be answered with fewer words, such as first name, last name, address, etc.
- Long text: Use this field when asking for a longer text input. You can use a long text field when asking for detailed information, details about a request, etc.
- Statement: This is the field to use when giving instructions about the phase. It doesn’t generate any input boxes or options to be checked, it’s just displayed as plain text in your phase.
- Attachment: Use this field to attach external files to your card in a phase such as scanned receipts when asking for a refund. You have the option of setting a custom validation when setting up this field so that users can only upload fields with a specific extension (such as .pdf, .jpg, etc.).
- Checkbox (horizontal and vertical): Create checklists (horizontal or vertical) in which one or more options can be selected;
- Assignee select: Assign a member of your pipe to be responsible for the card. No need to manually input the names, all your pipe members will be displayed in a dropdown list. Note that you can also auto-assign someone to a particular phase in your phase settings, and that assignee select is a fixed field.
- Date and datetime: These fields can be used when the information you’re asking for should be answered with a date or date and time;
- Due date: The due date field should be used when asking for the card’s due date. This data will be displayed on the closed card and used to track the completion of the activity;
- Labels: This field type creates a dropdown list of all the pre-existing labels in your pipe to choose from (they can be changed on your pipe tools menu);
- Email: Field for email input (with field validation for common email format such as [email protected]);
- Phone: These must be used for inputting phone numbers;
- Dropdown select and radio (horizontal or vertical): Multiple choice fields in which the user can only select one option from. The dropdown select is better suited in situations when you have more options (city list, state list, etc.).
- Time: Use this field to ask for an answer in time format - hours and minutes;
- Numeric: This field should be used when the info you ask for in your field’s description must be answered in a simple numeric format (excluding date, time and currency formats, they all have their specific fields);
- Currency: Use this field to input amounts of money (such as how much the person asking for an expense reimbursement spent);
- Document: Fields for inserting Brazilian document numbers*: CPF is for people and CNPJ is for companies (Fields with specific input restrictions and number formats);
- Card ID: The information in this field is automatically generated when the card is created. It's the card's unique ID;
- Pipe connection and Database connection: Use this field to create connected cards/database records (or link to existing ones) from a specific phase of your process.
- Field conditionals: Select this option to access the existing field conditionals or create new ones.