Estimated reading time: 2 min
The database feature is Pipefy's information storage system. You can think of it as the shelves in a library where you can store and retrieve important information for your company's processes, such as customer, supplier and product registration.
The information can be added to your databases using connections, connection fields, directly inside the database or using our API. Connections and connection fields can also be used to retrieve existing records from your databases.
Why you should use databases?
- Centralized and safe: This feature keeps all your important information stored in a single place, instead of spread all over numerous spreadsheets, external software and other unsafe alternatives that may cause information loss, rework, etc.;
- No more duplicated or outdated information: When you create a card for a customer, you can easily search your database to find out if they are already registered. Everyone in your company will have access to the exact same information about the customer in the database;
- 360° view: When you open one of your database's entries, you'll be able to visualize all the actions/cards related to it.
When you should use databases?
Databases can be used to make a lot of your processes more efficient! Here are a few use examples of how this feature can be applied to your benefit:
- Sales management: When using Pipefy to manage your sales and customer information (as a CRM), Pipefy’s database can be used as your information registration tool of choice. With it you can easily keep track of your customer registration, call history, sales opportunities, previous purchases etc.
- Internal request management: By creating an employee database in Pipefy you can save a lot of time (instead of inputting their name, ID, email, etc.) every time they need to create a request, employees will only need to search for their record. You'd also be able to keep track of all requests related to a specific employee.
You can export data from your Database in Excel format if you wish. Just click on the icon in the upper right corner of the Database, and in a few moments the information will be ready to be viewed in Excel.