Estimated reading time: 4 min
Important: Only pipe admin users can access pipe settings to edit them!
How to edit a pipe?
To access the pipe settings, you need to have admin permission. To access the pipe settings, open the pipe you want to edit then click on the gear icon in the upper right corner of your pipe's dashboard.
In the Pipe settings, you can edit:
- Name: Your pipe's name. It'll be displayed in your company dashboard and in the upper left corner of the screen whenever you access the pipe.
- Icon: Choose an icon that represents your pipe in order to easily find it in your company dashboard. Pipefy offers a series of pre-selected icons and it doesn't offer the possibility of uploading custom icons or changing the color.
- Card title: Select from the fields in the start form which one you would like to appear as a title in your cards. If you change your card's title after creating cards in your pipe, the new settings won't be reflected in the existing cards - it only applies to cards created after changing it.
- Subtitles: Select which fields you would like to see as subtitles on your cards (they're displayed in the closed card, under the title).
- Summarized layout: Select which fields you want to be displayed when cards are created in this pipe using a connections or a connection field.
- Expired alert: This setting represents your pipe SLA. You can set a maximum amount of time a card can spend in active phases of your pipe. You can check the box to count weekdays only - this setting will be automatically applied to the phase SLA (late alert) as well.
- Permissions: You can determine if you want your pipe to be public (all members of your team can access and join the pipe from the company dashboard) or private (members can only join if they are invited to the pipe by the admin). If you wish to "hide" your pipe from company members in the dashboard, click here to learn how.
- Authorizations: You can choose if only card assignees and pipe admins are allowed to edit cards in the Pipe, and if only admin users are allowed to delete cards on the pipe. These two options will give pipe admins more control over what happens in the process.
- Delete pipe: Click here if you want to delete this pipe. Be careful, though. Once you do, there's no going back!
- Clone to: Use this option to create a copy of this pipe within a company or in another company. Click here to learn all about the possibilities and limitations of cloning pipes.